Thursday, June 24, 2010

Black Hair Salon in Cairo! BeaBeauty Salon

Share





I found a salon, Beabeauty, that specializes in weaves, braids, micro-braids, lace-fronts, and perms. Two Cameroonian woman run it from a room in their home. The room has been renovated to resemble a salon- hair dryers, sinks, etc. I made an appointment to get a sew-in weave done and was pleased with the results. The sisters have a large supply of weaves,extension, and perms that you can purchase or you can bring your own. I purchased a pack of 10 inch yacky for 200LE and also paid 250LE for the styling. Several other custmers milled in and out while I was there.  A lot of women have asked me for information on salons that specialized in black hair in Cairo. This is the first salon I've found of this nature and I will continue to share more information as I come across it.

Update 7/23/2010: If traveling to Egypt and wanting to keep your hair in braids or weave, bring the hair extensions with you. It's impossible to find weave here. Many of the African women bring weave with them from different countries to sell to clients here but their products are often overpriced and not good quality.

Beabeauty Hair Salon
El Maadi Degla St 232
No. 15 Ground Flr Flat 1
Tel: 02.7545.444
Cell: 011.1106.209, 010-3451.025



In the News:
Kinkosis- An Iranian-American discusses having "black" hair
Change Egyptian Expats Can Believe In
Debating Non-Violent Islam

2 comments:

whoa nelly said...

I don't know if you are still updating this blog or not but I was wondering if the hair salon is still in business? I have locs that I want to maintain while living in Egypt (Alexandria). Do you know any place that I can go to?

Salons in indore said...

Firstly thanks a lot for such a wonderful post. I would like to know more about such topics and hope to get some more helpful information from your blog. C U soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails