Friday, July 30, 2010

I Have Given You My Soul, Leave Me My Name

Share

My name on a necklace. 80LE


In preparation for my return to the U.S., in the upcoming weeks I will be wrapping up this blog. If you have any suggestions for posts you'd be interested in reading or questions or comments about Cairo that you'd like me to address, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment below.


"Don’t be silenced. If you’re talking about your experiences, that’s important – more women/girls of color need to be writing about their experiences in the world. If you’re fighting the good fight and writing about oppressed, marginalized identities, don’t get discouraged when you get blowback, and take a breather if things get too heated."

-Tasha Fierce of 
http://redvinylshoes.com/blog/

4 comments:

Balanced Melting Pot said...

Awww, it's already time for you to leave? What's next for you?

Frenchie said...

back to DC, gotta spend some time with the fam in MIA before they disown me then, hopefully, the old country: Haiti!

kadijah cliff said...

Hi Frenchie,
I came across your very interesting blog about traveling to Cairo. My name is Kadijah and I'm a producer for the production company based in the USA and UK called Leopard Films. Our hit show is looking for energetic individuals, couples and families to share their story about moving abroad. Participating in our show is a lot of fun and a great way to document your exciting search for a home and new life abroad. So I was wondering if you know of any other expats who have traveled to Cairo and Bought a home there. If so please feel free to pass along this message. and watch a few episodes of the show at :
http://www.hgtv.com/house-hunters-international/show/index.html.or go to Youtube.com and type "House Hunters International." If you're not interested, please feel free to forward this message along.

Looking foward to hearing from you.

Sincerley,


KADIJAH CLIFF
CASTING ASSOCIATE PRODUCER
LEOPARD FILMS USA
127 East 26th Street, New York, NY 10010. +1 212 843 2828
kadijah.cliff@leopardfilms.

Frenchie said...

Most ppl I know are hear on contract or for school so they are renting. I'm sorry I couldn't be much help

Related Posts with Thumbnails